Quality of Life
Hearing aids improve your quality of life!
These days hearing aids do more than help you hear. They are part of your total healthcare plan to keep you healthy and hearing for years to come.
Hearing aids process sound signals so it’s easier for your brain to understand them. They help you live a more enjoyable and active life, and improve relationship satisfaction, communication, and social interaction.
Evidence shows that treating hearing loss with hearing aids can improve or limit serious health issues like cognitive decline and dementia. Studies have shown that treating hearing loss is the single greatest change a person can make to lower their risk of dementia.
Benefits of wearing hearing aids may include:
- Reduced mental fatigue. Cognitive fatigue is a normal result of straining to hear.
- When you strain to hear all day it just wears you out.
- Decreased feelings of isolation and depression.
- Improved communication.
- Improved memory, attention, and focus.
- Improved self-confidence.
- Improved reaction to safety alerts such as sirens and fire alarms.
- Enjoying the advances of new technologies allowing your hearing aids to sync with your phone and other electronic devices.
- The ability to enjoy all the sounds you’ve been missing!
Hearing loss is not just an ailment of old age. It can strike at any time, at any age, even in childhood. For the young, even a mild or moderate case of hearing loss could bring difficulty learning, developing speech, and building the important interpersonal skills necessary to foster self-esteem and succeed in school and life.
Our mission at Hearing Healthcare Center can simply be stated as “improving patients’ quality of life.” We work to do this through education, promotion, and ultimately through the implementation of hearing devices. On this website, you will find basic information about how you hear, hearing loss, tinnitus, types of hearing aids including advances in technology, testimonies from our patients, and resources for financial assistance.
If you think you or a loved one suffers from hearing loss, don’t delay another day. Give us a call and take the first step toward a better quality of life.